The Charity is pleased to release our EIC-EAP programme for business. The EIC has several workplace programmes that are extremely beneficial to employers and employees, which function as industry-specific Employee Assistance Programmes (or EAPs). Member benefits are available free to anyone in the industry and their immediate family members, offering a broad range of benefits designed to help in times of need.
- Legal support with divorce, custody battles, will & estate issues.
- Counselling: telephone or in person.
- Financial assistance and grants (grant sizes range from £100 to £250k).
- Carer support such as respite breaks; mobility equipment; any medical support needed to help people remain independent.
- Complex case management support: assigned case worker to do anything to help get you back on your feet, from grant writing on your behalf to sorting out benefits or medical forms.
- Support for autism and dyslexia, managers training and educational support for pre- and post-diagnosis.
- Debt advice – how to manage debt and get ahead with professional advice and assistance.
- Electrical engineering scholarships – a helping hand for future engineers through scholarship funds.
- Apprentice scholarships – we can help meet the real costs of gaining a qualification.
- Apprentice bursary scheme – additional financial support for apprentices with carer responsibilities.
- Career development and transition assistance – we can help you make the leap between jobs or stages of life.
By signing up you will receive a range of charity materials to support staff awareness to help protect your most valuable assets – your people.
- Business certificate stating you are registered for the EAP program and logo for email signatures.
- Toolbox safety briefing sheets on key topics affecting our industry (accessed through a portal).
- Staff benefits presentation (accessed through a portal).
- Charity videos (accessed through a portal).
- Charity case studies to use on your intranet site (accessed through a portal).
- Quarterly programme of employee engagement activities.
- A catalogue of materials to support staff awareness with a simple tick box delivery form if you need anything printed.
What we ask for in return is permission to contact you every quarter to provide an update on relevant cases, safety toolbox topics and pertinent EAP updates (such as new services) to communicate back to your staff.
We like to work collaboratively with all of our signed up members - any forms of communication that you wish to utilise to promote the EAP we would be more than happy to support you on. We want your staff to know that we are here should they ever need our services.