It is designed to give:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge the stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. We limit numbers to 22 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A printed copy of the training presentation to refer to whenever they need it
- EIC Workplace items – Posters, Postcards and Wallet Cards
- EIC guide to our support tools & services leaflet
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health Aware
Date and time:
Last Tuesday of every month
1pm – 3pm & 4pm – 6pm.