This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Mental Health

Contact your local NHS Urgent Mental Health Crisis Line: Mental Health Helpline for Urgent Help - NHS (
For assistance with other urgent mental or physical health issues, including those around your own safety, call 999 or visit your nearest A&E department. 
If you would like to speak with someone, call Samaritans on 116 123, open 24/7. Calls are free and confidential. 

Text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258 for free, confidential text support. 
CALM helpline 0800 58 58 58 (5pm – midnight). You can also access more information and a webchat here: Homepage | Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) (

Papyrus offers confidential support for young people under the age of 35 who are experiencing thoughts of suicide. Call on 0800 068 4141 (9am-midnight). You can also text them on 077862 09697, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or go to

Physical Health

If someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk, call 999.  
If it’s not a life-threatening emergency and you or the person you're with doesn't need immediate medical attention, please visit the NHS website or call the NHS Helpline on 111. 

Food Support

The largest foodbank organisation in the UK is the Trussell Trust. It has over 1,200 foodbanks across the country. You can use their website to find your local foodbank.
There are also many smaller, local groups running foodbanks. If they don’t have websites, they can usually be found on social media.
To be able to access a foodbank you must have a referral from:

  • Jobcentre Plus
  • Your social worker
  • A trusted advice provider, such as Citizens Advice
  • A children’s centre
  • Your local authority,
  • Police or probation workers, or,
  • Your GP, health visitor or other medical professional.

Visit the Trussell Trust website to learn more about how food banks work  

You may also wish to visit the Independent Foodbanks Network (IFAN) website for more information on food banks near you.


If you are homeless or at risk of losing your home:

In England:
Help if you’re homeless or about to become homeless - GOV.UK (

In Scotland:
Get emergency homeless help from the council - Shelter Scotland

In Wales:

In Northern Ireland:

You may also wish to…

Call Shelter England/Scotland’s Helpline for free on 0808 800 4444 

Call the Shelter Cymru Helpline on 0345 075 5005 

Call the Housing Rights Service Northern Ireland (NI) Helpline on 0289 024 5640 

Visit the Crisis websitefor more information on housing matters.

Domestic Abuse

If you are searching for support for domestic abuse, please contact: 

Call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for free on 0808 200 0247, for women and children 

Call the Men’s Advice Line for free on 0808 801 0327 

Call Galop's National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline for free on 0800 999 5428 

If you are not in crisis and would like to make an application for support with the Electrical Industries Charity, please complete our application form:

Electrical Industries Charity - Application for Assistance (

Or email us directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

For more information on:
Local Support

If you need local support you may want to contact your local authority for help with housing, social care and health care matters. You can find your local council by visiting the GOV.UK website. 

If you are struggling with your mental health and would like information and support, you may wish to visit Mind’s website or the Hub of Hope for more information on available services:


For advice and practical solutions to problem debt, please call Stepchange Debt Charity’s free Helpline on 0800 138 1111 


For information on relationship support, please visit Relate’s website.

Welfare Benefits

To find out more about which benefits you may be entitled to in England, visit: 

In Scotland:

In Wales:

In Northern Ireland: 

You can also find more information by visiting the Citizens Advice website. 

We can give a hand-up to everyone in our industry.

Will you help us reach those in need? Learn how you can get involved.